The Pima Community College volleyball team (12-11, 7-6 in ACCAC) picked up another huge victory on Friday in its final home match of the season.
- The Aztecs earned a straight set victory over South Mountain Community College 25-21, 25-12, 25-23. The Aztecs clinched a spot in the NJCAA Region I, Division II playoffs and are tied with Mesa Community College for the No. 3 seed.
- The Aztecs trailed early in the first set but scored six straight points to take an 11-7 lead. Up 14-12, they built a cushion with another six straight to take a 20-12 advantage. Pima held a 24-17 lead but the Cougars scored four in a row. Freshman Savanna White (Payson HS) put down the final kill for the win.
- The Aztecs scored the first seven points of the second set and took their biggest lead at 23-9. Sophomore Emily Robinson (Cienega HS) sealed the win with her kill to put the Aztecs up 2-0.
- In the third set, the Aztecs found themselves behind for much of the game. Down 14-7, they scored four straight points forcing the Cougars to call a timeout. The Aztecs continued to trail but kept it close. Down 20-17, the Aztecs broke out scoring six of the next seven points. White's kill put Pima up 22-21 and sophomore Madi Nash's (Sahuaro HS) kill made it 23-21. Sophomore Jade Romine (Canyon del Oro HS) ended the match with her kill.
- White led the way with 10 kills and four blocks. Sophomore Kendall Deeter (Mountain View HS) finished with seven kills and three aces.
- Nash had seven kills, eight digs and three aces while Romine contributed with five kills and five digs. Sophomore Kaleigh Hockett (Desert Mountain HS) posted 27 assists along with eight digs and four kills. Sophomore Grace Adams (Sabino HS) finished the match with 16 digs.
The Aztecs have two matches remaining in the regular season. They'll play at Chandler-Gilbert Community College on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.