The Pima Community College volleyball team (9-10, 4-6 in ACCAC) picked up a big ACCAC conference win on Friday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs rallied to upset No. 16 ranked Mesa Community College (13-6, 5-4) in four sets 20-25, 25-23, 25-21, 25-20.
- The Aztecs fell behind early in the first set and tied it on two occasions but could not overtake the lead. They trailed in the second set 10-8 but scored the next eight out of nine points to take a 16-11 lead. The Thunderbirds rallied to take a 22-21 advantage but the Aztecs came back as sophomore Kendall Deeter (Mountain View HS) put down the final kill to tie the match at 1-1.
- Up 8-7 in the third set, the Aztecs went on to score four straight points to make it 12-7. The Thunderbirds closed the gap to 23-21 but sophomore Emily Robinson's (Cienega HS) kill and sophomore Madi Nash's (Sahuaro HS) ace sealed the win to put the Aztecs up 2-1.
- The Aztecs broke a 10-10 tie with four straight points to take a 14-10 lead in the fourth set. Up 15-14, they went on to score the next seven of eight set points to make it 22-15. Freshman Savanna White (Payson HS) put down the final kill to seal the victory.
- Nash finished the match with a double-double of 20 kills and 20 digs. Deeter posted 13 kills and three blocks while Robinson and freshman Bergen Campbell each had nine kills.
- Sophomore Kaleigh Hockett (Desert Mountain HS) was on point as she finished with 50 assists. Freshman Aydalis Felix (Rincon HS) and sophomore Grace Adams (Sabino HS) each produced double figures in digs. Felix finished with 26 and Adams posted 12 digs along with three aces for the match.
The Aztecs will hit the road for an ACCAC conference match at Eastern Arizona College on Wednesday. First serve is at 7:00 p.m.