Posted: Sep 27, 2019
The Pima Community College volleyball team snapped its four-match losing streak on Friday.
- The Aztecs dominated in their straight set victory over Chandler-Gilbert Community College 25-18, 25-13, 25-12. The Aztecs had lost five straight ACCAC conference matches coming into Friday's contest.
- The Aztecs led 19-9 in the first set but the Coyotes (2-7, 1-5) rallied to cut Pima's lead to 23-18 but the Aztecs secured the final two points to win the set.
- The Aztecs scored the first nine of 11 points in the second set capped off by freshman Aydalis Felix's (Rincon HS) ace. Up 12-10, the Aztecs scored eight straight points to take a 20-10 lead. Sophomore Grace Adams (Sabino HS) capped off the set with an ace to put the Aztecs up 2-0 in the match.
- The Aztecs put the pedal to the medal again as they outscored the Coyotes 15-4 to begin the third set. Pima never trailed by less than seven points for the rest of the set.
- Sophomore Madi Nash (Sahuaro HS) finished with 12 kills, eight digs and two aces while freshman Savanna White (Payson HS) posted nine kills and three blocks.
- Sophomore Kaleigh Hockett (Desert Mountain HS) finished with 26 assists and fellow sophomore Kendall Deeter (Mountain View HS) had four kills and five blocks.
The Aztecs will be back at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Wednesday when they host No. 16 ranked Scottsdale Community College. First serve is at 7:00 p.m.