The Pima Community College volleyball team (4-7, 1-3 in ACCAC) hosted Arizona Western College (9-9, 2-0) on Wednesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs fell in four sets 23-25, 25-17, 25-17, 25-17 dropping their third straight conference match.
- The Aztecs trailed 23-18 in the first set but rallied by scoring the final seven points. It was capped off by sophomore Madi Nash's (Sahuaro HS) kill.
- The Matadors held a slim advantage for much of the second set but scored four straight points to make it 20-13 as they tied up the match at 1-1.
- The Aztecs trailed 16-12 in the third set but the Matadors rallied off six of the next nine points to make it 22-14. The Aztecs dropped the first six points of the fourth set and trailed by as much as 12 points at 18-6. The Aztecs rallied and cut the Matador's lead down to five points at 22-17 but that's as close as they would get.
- Nash finished with nine kills and 15 digs while freshman Bergen Campbell had seven kills, 10 digs and three blocks. Sophomore Emily Robinson (Cienega HS) posted seven kills and five blocks.
- Freshman Kaitlyn Cook finished with a double-double of 22 assists and 13 digs while sophomore Grace Adams (Sabino HS) had 17 digs. Freshman Aydalis Felix (Rincon HS) posted 15 digs.
The Aztecs will hit the road on Friday as they face off with South Mountain Community College in Phoenix. First serve will be at 7:00 p.m.