The Pima Community College volleyball team (10-10, 3-5 in ACCAC) hosted Eastern Arizona College on Wednesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs fell in straight sets 25-20, 25-23, 25-20 to the Gila Monsters (15-7, 6-2). The Aztecs have lost five straight ACCAC conference matches.
- In the first set, the Aztecs scored four straight points to cut the deficit to 20-19 forcing Eastern Arizona to call timeout. The Gila Monsters went on to score five of the final six points to win it.
- The Aztecs took a 21-20 lead and tied the second set at 23-23 but the Gila Monsters closed it out with the final two points. In the third set, the Aztecs again cut a deficit to one point at 21-20 but Eastern Arizona scored the final four points.
- Freshman Jade Romine (Canyon del Oro HS) led the Aztecs with eight kills to go along with 14 digs and two aces. Sophomore Lyrica Tavesi (Pima HS) had seven kills while freshman Madi Nash (Sahuaro HS) finished with six kills, 17 digs and one ace.
- Freshman Emily Robinson (Cienega HS) had 17 assists and freshman Grace Adams (Sabino HS) posted 19 digs.
The Aztecs are on the road for the next four matches. They'll play at Chandler-Gilbert Community College on Friday at 7:00 p.m.