The Pima Community College women's tennis team (3-3) had its three-match winning streak snapped on Thursday at Mesa Community College.
- The Aztecs fell to No. 15 ranked Thunderbirds 7-2.
- Freshman Olivia Manheimer (Ironwood Ridge HS) won her match at No. 1 singles over Alahzay Rossi 6-1, 6-1.
- Freshman Jazmin Nunez (Cholla HS) earned her victory at No. 5 singles against Brooke MacLay 7-5, 6-3.
- Freshman Melina Oropeza (Nogales HS) dropped her match at No. 2 singles against Sabrina Sanchez 6-0, 6-1 while sophomore Ashley Fitzsimmons (Walden Grove HS) lost at No. 3 singles to Paige Stanford 6-2, 6-1. Freshman Valeria Miranda (Sunnyside HS) fell at No. 4 singles to Cindy Anders 6-0, 6-1.
- In doubles competition, Manheimer and Oropeza lost at No. 1 doubles to Sanchez and Ana Villavazo 8-5. The No. 2 doubles team of Fitzsimmons and Miranda fell to Stanford and Anders 8-2.
The Aztecs will be on the road next Thursday, Apr. 4 when they play at Glendale Community College. The match begins at 1:30 p.m.