Posted: Oct 12, 2021
The Pima Community College women's soccer team (10-3, 5-2 in ACCAC) hit a road block on Tuesday in its match at Yavapai College (7-8, 4-3) in Prescott.
- The No. 7 ranked Aztecs took the lead early in the second half but gave up two unanswered goals as they fell 2-1 to the Roughriders.
- Sophomore Kortney Cahill (Cienega HS) broke a scoreless tie when she lobbed the ball over the Yavapai goalkeeper for the goal in the 49th minute to put the Aztecs up 1-0.
- The Roughriders tied the game at 1-1 in the 64th minute when Hanna Urtado scored in the box. Yavapai took the lead for good four minutes later with Emma Alvarez's goal in the 68th minute.
- The Aztecs outshot the Roughriders 6-4 in on-goal attempts. Sophomore Angelina Amparano (Salpointe Catholic HS) closed out the game with two saves.
- The Aztecs and the Roughriders split their head-to-head meetings this season. The Aztecs won 4-0 at the West Campus Aztec Soccer Field on Sept. 14.
- The Aztecs will be back on the road on Saturday when they play an afternoon game at Paradise Valley Community College. Game time is set for noon.
Pima goals: Kortney Cahill 49th minute.