The Pima Community College women's soccer team (3-0) continued its hot start to the season on Saturday at Mesa Community College (1-2).
- The No. 11 ranked Aztecs scored four goals in the second half to beat the Thunderbirds 6-0.
- Freshman Mari Acosta (Sahuarita HS) scored two goals in the game. She put the Aztecs on the board in the 8th minute with a cross-assist from fellow freshman Savannah Gutierrez (Tucson Magnet HS). Acosta capped off the game with goal in the 81st minute with a shot just outside the box. Sophomore Seti Valencia (Sunnyside HS) set up her shot.
- Freshman Delaney Buntin (Cienega HS) found the back of the net on back-to-back occasions. She made it 4-0 with her shot in the 68th minute with an assist from sophomore Litycia Espinoza (Sahuarita HS). Buntin scored again in the 75th minute to make it 5-0 when she hit a shot in the box after being set up by freshman Caitlyn Maher (Catalina Foothills HS).
- Sophomore Kaitlyn Bassett (Sabino HS) scored her goal 11 minutes into the second half with an assist from fellow sophomore Alyssa Kopach (Ironwood Ridge HS).
- The Aztecs had 10 shots on goal and sophomore Angelina Amparano (Salpointe Catholic HS) finished with three saves.
The Aztecs will return to the Aztec Soccer Field part of the Chapman Automotive Sports Complex on Tuesday when they host Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.
Pima goals: Mari Acosta (Savannah Gutierrez) 8th minute; (Own Goal) 13th minute; Kaitlyn Bassett (Alyssa Kopach) 56th minute; Delaney Buntin (Litycia Espinoza) 68th minute; Buntin (Caitlyn Maher) 75th minute; Acosta (Seti Valencia) 81st minute.