The Pima Community College women's soccer team (9-6-1, 6-3-1 in ACCAC) closed out the regular season on Wednesday at Kino North Stadium.
- The Aztecs struck first but surrendered three unanswered goals in their 3-2 loss to Arizona Western College (10-4-3, 6-2-2). The Aztecs have gone 0-3-1 in their last four games.
- Sophomore Alexis Tapia (Sahuaro HS) put the Aztecs on the scoreboard in the 9th minute with an assist from fellow sophomore Taylor Gutierrez (Tucson HS).
- The Matadors scored two goals in the first half as the Aztecs trailed 2-1 at the break.
- The Matadors tacked on a goal in the 79th minute to take a two goal advantage. The Aztecs made things interesting when freshman Savannah Samorano (Tucson HS) cut it to a one-goal deficit in the 81st minute.
- The Aztecs finished with six shots on goal for the game. Sophomore Jorie Paul (Cienega HS) finished with six saves.
The Aztecs will be the No. 5 seed for the NJCAA Region I Tournament. They will play at No. 4 seeded Arizona Western College on Tuesday in the Region I Quarterfinals at 6:00 p.m.