The Pima Community College women's soccer team (7-3, 4-0 in ACCAC) remained undefeated in ACCAC conference play on Thursday but it took two rallies and overtime to get by Phoenix College (6-3-2, 3-2).
- Freshman Valentina Franco (Tucson HS) hit her shot from 33 yeards out in the 96th minute as the Aztecs defeated the Bears 3-2 in overtime for their fifth straight victory.
- Down 1-0, the Aztecs got on the board in the 25th minute when sophomore Alexis Tapia (Sahuaro HS) provided a smooth mid-field pass to freshman Nikki Suckell (Ironwood Ridge HS) to tie the game at 1-1.
- The Bears retook the lead on a penalty kick in the 34th minute but the Aztecs gained momentum at the end of the half when freshman Milani Rivera (Ironwood Ridge HS) scored off a crisp cross-pass from sophomore Yesenia Dominguez (Tucson HS) in the 43rd minute (2:16 left on the clock) to tie it again at 2-2.
- Sophomore Jorie Paul (Cienega HS) had a save in the first minute of the overtime and finished the game with five saves.
- The Aztecs avenged their 1-0 loss to the Bears earlier this season at Kino North Stadium.
The Aztecs return to Kino North Stadium on Saturday when they host Glendale Community College. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m.