The Pima Community College women's soccer team (6-3, 3-0 in ACCAC) earned its fourth straight victory on Saturday.
- The Aztecs capped off the week by scoring eight goals for the second straight game in their 8-0 win at South Mountain Community College (0-9, 0-4).
- Sophomores Brianna Lewis (Tucson HS) and Savannah Robinson (Cienega HS) each scored two goals for the Aztecs. Lewis netted the first and final goals of the game while Robinson scored back-to-back goals in the 65th and 71st minutes.
- Freshman Litycia Espinoza (Sahuarita HS) finished with three assists. She found sophomore Taylor Gutierrez (Tucson HS) for her goal in the 20th minute to make it 2-0. Her final two assists were on Robinson's goals to put the Aztecs up 5-0 and 6-0.
- Sophomore Alexis Tapia (Sahuaro HS), as well as freshmen Layla Argote (Tucson HS) and Savannah Samorano (Tucson HS) each contributed with goals.
- The Aztecs finished with 22 shots on goal for the game while the defense held the Cougars to one shot. Sophomore Jorie Paul (Cienega HS) had one save.
- Since giving up six goals in their first game of the season, the Aztecs have surrendered just four goals to their opponents in the last eight games; including shut out wins in four of their last seven games.
The Aztecs will hit the road for the fifth straight game as they play at Phoenix College on Thursday. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m.
Pima goals: Brianna Lewis 12th minute; Taylor Gutierrez (Litycia Espinoza) 20th minute; Alexis Tapia (penalty kick) 27th minute; Layla Argote (Gabi Hernandez) 56th minute; Savannah Robinson (Espinoza) 65th minute; Robinson (Espinoza) 71st minute; Savannah Samorano 76th minute; Lewis 84th minute.