The Pima Community College women's soccer team (5-3, 2-0 in ACCAC) earned its third straight win on Thursday.
- The Aztecs went on an offensive tear in the first half and went on to beat GateWay Community College 8-0 at Copper Sky Park in Maricopa. The Aztecs scored five goals in the first half.
- Freshman Nikki Suckell (Ironwood Ridge HS) scored two goals and had an assist in the first half. She put the Aztecs on the board in the 11th minute and netted her second goal in the 21st minute to make it 4-0. Suckell assisted in freshman Emma Franzone's (Sahuarita HS) goal in the 17th minute.
- Freshman Savannah Samorano (Tucson HS) assisted in both of Suckell's goals. She netted a goal of her own in the 19th minute to make it 3-0.
- Freshmen Litycia Espinoza (Sahuarita HS) and Valentina Franco (Tucson HS) each had a goal and an assist in the game.
- Sophomores Taylor Gutierrez (Tucson HS) and Reilly Marks (Salpointe Catholic HS) contributed with goals in the game.
- The defense allowed just one shot on goal to the Geckos (0-10, 0-3). Sophomore Jorie Paul (Cienega HS) finished with one save.
The Aztecs will head back out on the road for the fourth straight game on Saturday as they play at South Mountain Community College at 10:00 a.m.
Pima goals: Nikki Suckell (Savannah Samorano) 11th minute; Emma Franzone (Suckell) 17th minute; Samorano 19th minute; Suckell (Samorano) 21st minute; Taylor Gutierrez (Litycia Espinoza) 24th minute; Valentina Franco (Destiny Tacey) 67th minute; Reilly Marks (Franco) 78th minute; Espinoza (Yesenia Dominguez) 85th minute.