The Pima Community College women's soccer team (2-2) evened up its record and posted its second straight shutout victory on Saturday at Kino North Stadium.
- The Aztecs had plenty of contributors in their 4-0 win over South Mountain Community College (0-4).
- Freshman Layla Argote (Tucson HS) finished the game with two assists as the Aztecs produced four different goal scorers. Freshmen Twyla Himmel (Ironwood Ridge HS), Julianna Robles (Sabino HS), Reilly Marks (Salpointe Catholic HS) and Valentina Franco (Tucson HS) each scored a goal for Pima.
- The Aztecs controlled the field from the get-go as they finished the game with 15 shots on goal.
- The Aztecs' defense of sophomores Brianna Lewis (Tucson HS), Taylor Gutierrez (Tucson HS), Haley Lawson (Cienega HS) and freshmen Nikki Suckell (Ironwood Ridge HS), Destiny Tacey (Buena HS) and Franco held their opponent without a shot on goal for the second straight game.
- The Aztecs outscored their opponents 14-0 this week. Robles scored three goals in the last two games.
The Aztecs will close out their current home stand on Thursday when they host No. 20 ranked Phoenix College at Kino North Stadium. Kickoff is set for 4:30 p.m.