The Pima Community College women's soccer team (1-2) would not be denied on Thursday as it earned its first win of the season.
- The Aztecs doubled-up GateWay Community College 10-0 at Kino North Stadium.
- Freshmen Julianna Robles (Sabino HS) and Litycia Espinoza (Sahuarita HS) each scored two goals.
- Robles scored her first goal in the 36th minute with an assist from sophomore Brianna Lewis (Tucson HS), who went coast-to-coast and set up the goal to make it 2-0. Robles found the net again in the 59th minute to put the score 5-0.
- Espinoza scored back-to-back goals in the second half. Her first came on an assist from sophomore Mercedes Gomez (Tucson HS) to make it 6-0 in the 62nd minute. Espinoza's second goal came in the 70th minute with an assist from freshman Savannah Robinson (Cienega HS).
- The Aztecs took a 3-0 lead at halftime and poured it on with seven goals in the second half. Gomez had a goal and an assist in the second half.
- The Aztecs finished the game with 16 shots on goal and the defense held the Geckos (0-4) without a shot on goal for the game.
The Aztecs will return to Kino North Stadium on Saturday when they host South Mountain Community College at 4:30 p.m.
Pima goals: Alexis Tapia (unassisted) 13th minute; Julianna Robles (Brianna Lewis) 36th minute; Nikki Suckell (Robles) 44th minute; Emma Franzone (Gabi Hernandez) 58th minute; Robles (unassisted) 59th minute; Litycia Espinoza (Mercedes Gomez) 62nd minute; Espinoza (Savannah Robinson) 70th minute; Twyla Himmel (unassisted) 80th minute; Gomez (unassisted) 82nd minute; Taylor Gutierrez (unassisted) 87th minute.