The Pima Community College women's basketball team (16-7, 10-6 in ACCAC) would not be denied in the third quarter on Wednesday against Scottsdale Community College (5-19, 2-14).
- The Aztecs outscored the Artichokes 29-5 in the third quarter and went on to win 79-45.
- Both teams struggled to gain the upper hand in the first half as the Aztecs' biggest lead was four points. The game was tied at 21-21 at the break.
- The Aztecs opened the third quarter with a 13-0 run in the first four and a half minutes. Sophomore Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS), who had scored four points in the first half, went 5 for 6 from the floor with 11 points in the quarter. The Aztecs led 50-26 to open the fourth.
- The Aztecs opened the fourth quarter on an 11-2 run to take a 61-28 lead. They outscored the Artichokes 29-19 to end the game.
- Lawson scored a game-high 20 points on 9 for 13 shooting and eight rebounds. Freshman Fama Thiam (Highland HS) scored 12 points and was 6 for 7 from the floor while fellow freshman Aaliyah Ortiz (Palo Verde HS) also added 12 points. Sophomore Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) was also in double figures with 10 points to go along with six assists and four rebounds.
The Aztecs will play at Tohono O'odham Community College on Saturday in Sells, AZ. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
SCC 10 11 5 19 45
PCC 10 11 29 29 79