The Pima Community College women's basketball team (12-4, 6-3 in ACCAC) found its game in the second half on Saturday to top Chandler-Gilbert Community College (8-8, 4-5) at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The No. 18 ranked Aztecs rallied in the third quarter and went on to beat the Coyotes 77-60. They have won eight of their last nine games.
- The Aztecs trailed 29-24 at halftime and the Coyotes scored on their first two possessions in the third quarter to put Pima down 33-24. The Aztecs went on a 14-0 run in almost four minutes to take the lead at 38-33. They went up by as much as 11 points at 49-38 and outscored the Coyotes 27-14 in the quarter.
- The Coyotes would cut Pima's lead to 64-58 in the fourth quarter but the Aztecs closed out the game with a 13-2 run.
- Sophomore Haile Gleason scored a game-high 20 points off the bench as she went 7 for 10 from the floor and 4 for 6 from three-point range.
- Sophomore Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) was a big part of the third quarter run as she scored eight in the quarter and finished with 18 points and five rebounds.
- Freshman Sierra Mich'l scored the first eight points of the game for Pima and finished with 16 points to go along with five rebounds and two blocks.
- Sophomore Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) contributed with 14 points as she scored the first seven points for the Aztecs in the fourth quarter. She also had six assists and three steals.
The Aztecs will return to the Aztec Gymnasium floor on Wednesday when they host Phoenix College. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m.
CGCC 14 15 14 17 60
PCC 13 11 27 26 77