The Pima Community College women's basketball team (10-3) closed out the 2019 Bruce Fleck Classic on Wednesday.
- The No. 9 ranked Aztecs defeated United Tribes Technical College 83-50 to finish 3-0 for the invitational.
- The Aztecs held the Thunderbirds scoreless for eight and half minutes to start the game to take a 16-0 lead. Freshman Aaliyah Ortiz (Palo Verde HS) hit a half-court shot to end the quarter and Pima led 19-9.
- The Aztecs led 45-24 at halftime after outscoring the Thunderbirds 26-15 in the second quarter. The Aztecs led by as much as 36 points late in the fourth quarter.
- Freshman Fama Thiam (Highland HS) scored a game-high 17 points after going 7 for 9 from the floor. She also had five rebounds, two assists, two steals and a block.
- Freshman Melissa Simmons also finished in double figures with 15 points. Ortiz, freshman Sierra Mich'l, and sophomore Hallie Lawson also posted eight points.
The Aztecs will get back to ACCAC conference play on Saturday when they play at Mesa Community College at 2:00 p.m.
UTTC 9 15 13 13 50
PCC 19 26 20 18 83