The Pima Community College women's basketball team (14-10, 10-6 in ACCAC) struggled in its game on the road at Scottsdale Community College (7-17, 4-12).
- The No. 13 ranked Aztecs fell to the Artichokes 80-68 on Wednesday. The Aztecs were swept in their regular season match-ups with Scottsdale. Pima lost 81-73 in December at the West Campus Gymnasium.
- Down 61-60 with 4:31 left in the game, the Aztecs went scoreless for three minutes as the Artichokes went on a 6-0 run. The Aztecs closed the gap to 69-64 with 1:14 left but could not get any closer.
- The Aztecs trailed 34-28 at halftime. The Artichokes hit a three-pointer on their first possession to take a 37-28 advantage. The Aztecs went on an 11-0 run to take a 39-37 lead with 5:48 left in the third but Scottsdale retook the lead a minute later and took a 53-49 lead heading into the fourth.
- There were 11 lead changes in the game but the Aztecs' biggest lead of the game was two points.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) finished with 20 points as she struggled from the field making just four field goals. She went 11 for 12 from the foul line and added six rebounds and four assists.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) finished with 15 points and seven rebounds while freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) posted 12 points and eight rebounds. Sophomore Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) contributed with 11 points.
The Aztecs will return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday to face off with Tohono O'odham Community College. Tipoff is at 2:00 p.m.
PCC 14 14 21 19 68
SCC 16 18 19 27 80