The Pima Community College women's basketball team (14-9, 10-5 in ACCAC) played the game of the season on Saturday against Central Arizona College (14-8, 10-5).
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs (Division II) defeated the Vaqueras (Division I) 114-112 in three overtimes at the West Campus sweeping the regular season series.
- The Vaqueras hit a three-pointer to take a 112-110 lead but the Aztecs responded with sophomore Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) as she hit her own three-point shot with 34.8 seconds left to give the Aztecs a 113-111 lead.
- The Vaqueras went to the foul line and sophomore Briana Gamillo (Walden Grove HS) grabbed the defensive rebound off a missed second foul shot. Pitre was fouled and sent to the line and made 1 of 2.
- The Vaqueras settled for a three-pointer and freshman Alyssa Perez (Marana HS) collected the loose ball and dribbled out the final three seconds. Pima's top scorers Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) and Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) had fouled out during the overtime periods. Nakai fouled out in the second overtime and Bribiescas was out with 1:30 left in the third overtime.
- The Aztecs fell behind 80-72 after the Vaqueras went on a 10-0 run but the Aztecs closed out regulation with a 13-5 run to tie the game at 85-85 and force overtime. Nakai hit two 3-pointers in the final 14.2 seconds.
- The lead changed 22 times and the score was tied 25 times as neither team held a double-digit lead.
- Nakai led all scores with 36 points as she went 4 for 6 from three-point range. She also grabbed six rebounds, had five assists and three steals. Nakai has 1,075 points and is closing in on Sydni Stallowrth (Palo Verde HS), who had 1,103 points for her Pima career.
- Bribiescas scored 33 points as she went 15 for 16 from the free throw line. She also had seven rebounds. Pitre finished the game with 12 points and eight rebounds off the bench.
- Freshman Hallie Lawson finished with nine points and eight rebounds while freshman Bryanne Olson (Pusch Ridge Christian HS) and RyLeigh Long each posted eight points.
The Aztecs get back to ACCAC Division II play as they head to Scottsdale Community College on Wednesday. Tipoff is set for 5:30 p.m.
CAC 19 17 21 28 9 8 10 112
PCC 19 20 22 24 9 8 12 114