The Pima Community College women's basketball team (13-9, 9-5 in ACCAC) earned another big win over an ACCAC Division I team on Wednesday at the West Campus Gymnasium.
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs defeated Arizona Western College 88-68. They have won seven of their last eight games.
- Up 42-34 at halftime, the Aztecs went on an 11-4 run to open the third quarter and take a 53-38 lead. The Aztecs maintained their double digit lead for much of the second half and outscored the Matadors (8-14, 6-8) 25-16 in the fourth quarter.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) produced her sixth double-double of the season finishing with 20 points and 11 rebounds. She went 6 for 8 from the field and 7 for 8 at the free throw line.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) also scored 20 points to go along with seven rebounds and eight assists.
- Sophomore Brianna Pitre (Sabino HS) scored 12 points off the bench and went 4 for 8 from three-point range. Fellow sophomore RyLeigh Long also finished with 12 points and had five assists.
The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday to host Central Arizona College. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
AWC 10 24 18 16 68
PCC 18 24 21 25 88