The Pima Community College women's basketball team (7-8, 3-4 in ACCAC) got back to ACCAC conference play and picked up a big win on Saturday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs defeated Division II rival Mesa Community College 80-60.
- The Aztecs took control in the second quarter using a 15-3 run in the final 4:39 and outscored the Thunderbirds (6-9, 3-4) 22-9. The Aztecs led 40-21 at the break.
- The Aztecs led by as much as 27 points in the fourth quarter and never trailed in the game.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) scored 23 of her 32 points in the second half. She went 12 for 23 from the floor. Fellow sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) finished a rebound short of a double-double as posted 12 points and nine rebounds.
- The Aztecs out-rebounded the Thunderbirds 51-40. Sophomore Bryanne Olson (Pusch Ridge Christian) and freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) each had 10 rebounds.
The Aztecs will return to the West Campus Gym on Wednesday when they host South Mountain Community College. Tipoff will be at 5:30 p.m.
MCC 12 9 21 18 60
PCC 18 22 23 17 80