The Pima Community College women's basketball team (5-6, 2-4) made a statement on Wednesday as the Aztecs earned a road win at Tohono O'odham Community College (7-7, 3-3).
- The Aztecs broke away in the second quarter as they defeated the Jegos 97-53 in Sells, AZ.
- The Aztecs outscored Tohono O'odham 29-7 in the second quarter to take a 42-17 lead at the break. The Aztecs overpowered the Jegos to win every quarter.
- Freshman Hallie Lawson (Campo Verde HS) would not be denied as she finished with a team-high 35 points to go along with nine rebounds.
- Sophomore Jacqulynn Nakai (Coconino HS) finished with 23 points and seven assists. She has scored over 20 points in eight of the first 11 games this season.
- Sophomore Shauna Bribiescas (Dobson HS) had 11 points and seven rebounds.
The Aztecs are off for the next few weeks but will return for the Bruce Fleck Classic from Dec. 31-Jan. 2 at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium. Their first game will be against Bismarck State College on Dec. 31 at 7:00 p.m.
PCC 13 29 23 32 97
TOCC 10 7 15 21 53