The Pima Community College men's and women's track & field teams closed out the 2019 season on Saturday at the NJCAA Division I National Championships in Hobbs, NM.
- The Aztecs women's team finished tied for 13th place out of 34 teams in the final standings with a total of 14 points. The men's team took 28th place out of 32 teams with 3.5 points.
- Sophomore Hailey Myles (Boulder Creek HS) took fourth place in the women's triple jump after she finished with a personal-record of 41-feet, 2-inches. She earned five team points for the Aztecs.
- Sophomore Katherine Bruno (Canyon del Oro HS) earned points in her second event as she finished fifth in the 1,500 meters race with a time of 4 minutes, 54.09 seconds earning four points. She took sixth in the 3,000 meter steeplechase and earned three points on Friday.
- Bruno (3,000 meter steeplechase, 1,500 meters), Myles (Triple Jump) and freshman Mary Siml (3,000 meter steeplechase) earned NJCAA All-American honors. The top eight finishers in each event earned NJCAA All-American status.
In other Pima track & field finishes on Saturday:
- Freshman Jaylen Coleman – 12th in the triple jump 47-feet, 4-inches (14.46 meters).
See complete team and event results on Athletic Live