The Pima Community College men's and women's track & field teams competed at the ACCAC Conference Meet on Friday at Mesa Community College.
- The Aztecs claimed four individual conference titles and set two more national qualifying marks on the day.
- Sophomore Katherine Bruno (Canyon del Oro HS) took home two conference titles as she won the 5,000 meter race with a time of 18 minutes, 45.12 seconds setting a national qualifying mark in the process. She also took first place in the 1,500 meter race with a personal-best time of 4:51.30. She has set three national qualifying times in the 800, 1,500 and 5,000 meter race so far during the outdoor season.
- Sophomore Hailey Myles (Boulder Creek HS) won the women's triple jump conference championship as she set a new personal-record with a jump of 39-feet, 1.50-inches (11.92 meters). Her previous best this season was 38-9.75.
- The men's 4x100 relay team of sophomores Dante Johnson, sophomore Robert Williams (South Mountain HS), Deshawn Gill (Sahuaro HS) and Erick Thompson (Sahuarita HS) took first place with a time of 42.12 seconds.
- In other women's events, freshman Mary Siml earned a national qualifier and set a personal record in the 1,500 meter race with a time of 4:59.27. Sophomore Kaylen Fox (Sahuaro HS) set a personal-best in the 800 meter race after she took second place with a time of 2:22.02.
- In other men's events, sophomore Tyler Valenzuela (Canyon del Oro HS) matched his best vault as he took second place in the pole vault with a mark of 14-feet, 7.25-inches (4.45 meters). Thompson took third place in the 400 meter race and set a personal-record time of 49.22. Sophomore Luis Oviedo (Rio Rico HS) placed third in the 3,000 steeplechase with a personal-best time of 10:04.85.
- The Aztecs have set outdoor national qualifiers in seven events
The Aztecs will compete in the Sun Angel Invitational on Friday and Saturday Apr. 5-6 at Arizona State University in Tempe, AZ.
For complete results of the ACCAC Conference Meet, visit WingFootFinish