The Pima Community College men's and women's track & field teams competed in the NJCAA Indoor National Championships on Friday and Saturday in Pittsburg, KS.
- All eight members of the Aztecs women's team scored points as they finished tied for 14th place out of 29 teams with 18 points.
- Freshman Mary Siml broke the Pima school record in the 1,000 meters on two occasions. She set the first mark in Friday's prelims with a time of 3 minutes, 05.59 seconds. She shattered her own record by over two seconds on Saturday as she took sixth place with a time of 3:03.44 earning three teams points.
- Sophomore Hailey Myles (Boulder Creek HS) earned five points for the Aztecs as she placed fourth in the triple jump with a mark of 11.86 meters (38-feet, 9-inches). Fellow sophomore Mecca Marks (Desert Edge HS) took eighth at 11.13 meters (36-5) earning one team point.
- Freshman Raelynn Fair (South Mountain HS) set a new personal-record as she took fifth place in the long jump with a mark of 5.73 meters (18-feet, 9.75-inches) earning four points for Pima.
- The Distance Medley Relay team of Siml, and sophomores Annabella Spencer (Sahuaro HS), Kaylen Fox (Sahuaro HS) and Katherine Bruno (Canyon del Oro HS) finished in sixth place with a time of 12:29.48 earning three team points.
- Sophomore Anahiramar Lopez (Tucson HS) claimed two points for the Aztecs as she took seventh place in the high jump with a jump of 1.61 meters (5-3).
- In men's competition, sophomore Tyler Valenzuela (Canyon del Oro HS) gained Pima's only points as he tied for seventh place (1.5 points) in the pole vault with a vault of 4.20 meters (13-feet, 8-inches).
Other Pima finishes:
The Aztecs will begin the outdoor season on Friday and Saturday, Mar. 15-16 at the Willie Williams Invitational hosted by the University of Arizona held at Roy P. Drachman Stadium. Competition begins at 4:00 p.m. on Friday and continues on Saturday starting at 10:00 a.m.
See complete team and individual results from the NJCAA Indoor National Championships on AthleticLIVE