The Pima Community College men's and women's track & field team hosted the Pima Aztec Indoor Invitational on Saturday at the West Campus track.
- The Aztecs set two more qualifying marks and improved on a couple for the day. They have 10 student-athletes who have set times/marks and nine events total.
- Sophomore Robert Williams (South Mountain HS) set a national qualifying time in the 400-meter race as he took third with a time of 49.48 seconds. He has also earned a national qualifying time in the 200 meter.
- In other men's events, freshman Christian Edgerson took first place in the long jump with a mark of 22-feet, 7.25-inches (6.89 meters). He fell short of the national qualifying mark of 7.00 meters.
- The distance medley relay team of freshman Mary Siml, sophomore Annabella Spencer (Sahuaro HS), sophomore Kaylen Fox (Sahuaro HS) and sophomore Katherine Bruno (Canyon del Oro HS) earned their national qualifying time after finishing second at 12 minutes, 56.99 seconds.
- In other women's competition, freshman Raelynn Fair (South Mountain HS) improved on her national qualifying mark in the long jump. She took second place with a mark of 17-feet, 11.50-inches; improving from 17-9.75 set last week in Phoenix. Sophomore Mecca Marks (Desert Edge HS) improved on her mark in the triple jump by two inches. She finished in second with a mark of 36-feet, 9.50-inches. She set her qualifier last week in Phoenix at 36-7.50.
- Fox took first place in the 800-meter race with a time of 2:26.87 as she fell short of the 2:25.79 qualifying time.
The Aztecs will compete in the Mesa Indoor Invitational on Friday and Saturday. Events begin at 10:00 a.m. each day.
See complete results of the Pima Aztec Indoor Invitational on WingFootFinish