The Pima Community College men's and women's track & field team competed in the Paradise Valley C Indoor Invitational on Saturday and set five new national qualifying marks.
- Sophomore Mecca Marks (Desert Edge HS) earned two national qualifying finishes as she took second place in the 60-meter hurdles with a time of 9.17 seconds. She finished second in the triple jump with a mark of 36-feet, 7.50-inches (11.16 meters); which is a new personal record.
- Freshman Raelynn Fair (South Mountain HS) earned her national qualifying mark and set a personal record in the long jump with a first place leap of 17-9.75 (5.43 meters).
- In men's competition, freshman Jaylen Coleman earned first place in the triple jump with a national qualifying leap of 48-1.25 (14.66 meters).
- Sophomore Tyler Valenzuela (Canyon del Oro HS) finished third in the pole vault and set a national qualifier with a vault of 14-feet, 3.25-inches (4.35 meters).
- The Aztecs have seven national qualifying marks/times in the first two weeks of the indoor track season.
The Aztecs will host the Pima Aztec Indoor Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 2 at the West Campus Aztec Track. Events will begin at 10:00 a.m.
See complete results of the Paradise Valley CC Indoor Invitational on WingFootFinish