The Pima Community College softball team signed its fourth Southern Arizona recruit for the 2021-22 season.
- Mia Casadei, an outfielder from Tanque Verde High School, signed her letter of intent to join the Aztecs softball program.
- In 18 career games recorded, Casadei batted .451 with 23 hits, 23 runs and 21 RBIs. She produced a .525 on-base percentage and a .826 fielding percentage.
- Coach's Quote: "Mia is an incredible young lady that has proven herself as one of the top defensive outfielders around. She is a consistent clutch hitter that knows how to perform under pressure," Pima softball coach Rebekah Quiroz said. "Mia is another local player I wanted to keep home because her potential is limitless. She gets better and better every time I watch her play. With the game on the line, she will produce big.
"I can't wait to see how the weight room transforms her game to the next level. Not only a great teammate, but an even better person."
- Casadei is the fourth outfielder to be signed to the 2021 incoming class.
- "Our outfield is going to be as competitive as it's ever been and I trust that she will rise to the occasion and battle for her team," Quiroz said.
2021 Pima Aztecs Softball Recruits
Makayla Morales, OF (Mountain View HS)
Nicole Brimhall, LHP (Farmington HS, NM)
Alize Rodriguez, OF (Bourgade Catholic HS)
Analisa Gomez, INF (Rincon/University HS)
Stephanie Tapia, INF (Cibola HS)
Matilynn Goerke, OF (Sahuaro HS)
Kalynn Worthy, C/UTL (Verrado HS)
Mia Casadei, OF (Tanque Verde HS)