The Pima Community College men's tennis team showcased dominating performances after the first day of the NJCAA Region I Championships on Wednesday at the Paseo Racquet Center in Glendale.
- The Aztecs advanced to the final round in all their singles and doubles flights.
- In singles semifinal competition, sophomore Corey Pabst defeated Cameron Meinhart from Paradise Valley Community College 6-1, 6-4 in No. 1 singles action. Freshman Anton Nazaroff (Catalina Foothills HS) advanced in the No. 2 singles flight after beating Tyler Baron from Paradise Valley 6-2, 6-2.
- Freshman Mason Lee (Catalina Foothills HS) shut out Paradise Valley's Roman Earhart 6-0, 6-0 at No. 3 singles. Freshman Mitchell Wilkinson (Catalina Foothills HS) won at No. 4 singles after he topped Brady Snow from Glendale Community College 6-0, 6-2.
- In No. 5 singles action, sophomore Landon Strickland blanked Drake Young from Paradise Valley 6-0, 6-0. Freshman Emanuel Robles-Serrano (Desert View HS) downed Anthony Kylik from Glendale 6-3, 6-0 in their No. 6 singles match.
- The No. 1 doubles duo of Pabst and Lee beat Meinhart and Baron 4-2 (ret. injury). Nazaroff and Wilkinson won their No. 2 doubles match Earhart and Dylan Mulatay from Paradise Valley 7-5, 6-1. Robles-Serrano and Strickland earned a bye to the finals at No. 3 singles.
The Region I Championship final matches will begin on Wednesday at 8:00 a.m. at the Paseo Racquet Center.