May 14, 2019
The Pima Community College men's tennis team continued play at the NJCAA Division I National Championships on Tuesday at the Jim Reffkin Tennis Center.
- Freshman Oscar Aguilera fell to No. 7 ranked Cristobal Quevedo from Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (GA) in the No. 2 singles flight round of 16 match 6-1, 6-1.
- Aguilera and No. 2 doubles partner Edgar Franco (Cibola HS) dropped their No. 2 doubles round of 16 match against Ethan Aycock and Nick Hester from Wallace State College (AL) 6-1, 6-2. Aguilera and Franco will play in the second round of the consolation bracket on Wednesday against Logan Lauder and Alex Probst from Kaskaskia College (IL) at 1:00 p.m.
- Sophomore Chris McDaniels (Tanque Verde HS) fought back in his first round consolation match at No. 1 singles to force a third set but lost to Chris Lawrence from East Central Community College (MS) 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 (2).
- McDaniels and No. 1 doubles partner Beau Boyer (Cibola HS) fell to Ken Herrmann and Mike Sims from College of Lake County (IL) 6-2, 6-1 in their first round consolation bracket match.
- Boyer, Franco and freshman Darin Trejo (St. David HS) will play in their respected singles consolation quarterfinal matches on Wednesday. Boyer will play Erich Fischer from Jones County Junior College (MS) at 8:00 a.m. Franco at No. 4 singles will play at 10:30 a.m. His opponent is TBD. Trejo will face off against Cody Courtney from Jones County at 9:30 a.m.
For complete results, visit the USTA website