The Pima Community College men's tennis team (2-3) played a tough ACCAC conference match on Thursday but fell short against Glendale Community College.
- The Aztecs lost 5-4 to the Gauchos as the teams split their meetings during the regular season. Pima won at Glendale 5-4 on Mar. 19
- Sophomore Chris McDaniels (Tanque Verde HS) tied the match up at 4-4 with his three-set victory at No. 1 singles over Francisco Angulo 6-1, 5-7, 6-3.
- Freshman Edgar Franco (Cibola HS) was forced into a three-set match at No. 3 singles. He won the first set but dropped the final two to David Rodriguez 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 which clinched the match.
- In doubles action, the No. 1 doubles team of McDaniels and sophomore Beau Boyer (Cibola HS) fell to Angulo and Rodriguez 8-1. Franco and freshman Oscar Aguilera bested Christian and James Mineo 9-7.
- Aguilera defeated James Mineo in his No. 2 singles match 7-5, 6-3 while Boyer won his match at No. 3 singles over Christian Mineo 7-6 (9-7), 6-3.
- Freshman Darin Trejo (St. David HS) dropped a close match at No. 5 singles to Landon Strickland 7-5, 7-5.
- The Aztecs were forced to forfeit the No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles matches.
The Aztecs will close out the regular season on Tuesday when they host Paradise Valley Community College at the West Campus Tennis Courts. The match begins at 1:30 p.m.