Posted: Nov 30, 2021
The Pima Community College men's soccer team produced two players on the NJCAA Division II All-Americans listed on Tuesday.
- Sophomores Sam Lossou (Rincon HS) and Brian Vu (Rincon HS) were both selected first team NJCAA Division II All-American.
- Lossou, a defender, is now a two-time NJCAA First-Team All-American and a two-time United Soccer Coaches First Team All-American. He is the first Pima men's soccer player to be a two-time NJCAA All-American since Minh Vu in 2009 and 2010.
- Lossou was selected ACCAC Player of the Year while earning first team All-ACCAC and first team All-Region I, Division II. He played and started in all 21 games scoring four goals on the season. He helped the Aztecs secure nine shutout victories; which included two at the NJCAA Division II National Tournament. Lossou finished with an overall record of 45-7-4 in three seasons played.
- Vu, a midfielder, was second on the team with 11 goals scored and had an assist for a total of 23 points. He played in all 21 games; making 20 starts. He was named first team All-ACCAC and first team All-Region I, Division II.
- The Aztecs men's soccer program has produced 16 NJCAA All-Americans in the last 15 years. Some of their previous NJCAA All-Americans include: Sam Lossou (2021, 2020-21), Seungeon Kim (2020-21), Ricky Gordillo (2019), Hugo Kametani (National Player of the Year) (2018), Kaskile Zawadi (2018), AJ Valenzuela (2017), Hector Banegas (2016), Jason Romero (2015), Arturo Vega (2014), Alexis Medina (2013), Eric Glad (2011), Minh Vu (2010, 2009) and Fernando Gauna (2007).
- The Aztecs finished with an overall record of 19-1-1 and captured the program's second NJCAA National Championship.
See Lossou and Vu's NJCAA Division II All-American selections on the NJCAA website