Posted: Oct 16, 2021
The Pima Community College men's soccer team (14-0, 8-0 in ACCAC) won its third overtime game in the last four matches on Saturday at Paradise Valley Community College (7-3-2, 4-2-2).
- Sophomore Brian Vu (Rincon HS) scored the golden goal in the 104th minute with an assist from fellow sophomore Francisco Manzo (Salpointe Catholic HS) as the No. 1 ranked Aztecs defeated the Pumas 1-0.
- This was the second straight double overtime win for the Aztecs and the second straight game-winning assist from Manzo.
- The Aztecs have played seven games in the last 18 days; four of their last seven games have been on the road and their last four games have been against potential playoff teams in both Division I and Division II. Pima's overtime wins have all come on the road.
- Coach's Quote: "It's been as hard of a stretch as any season we've had," Pima coach David Cosgrove said. "To win those (overtime) games on the road, we've had three different heroes and that has shown the depth of our team and the desire to win. This also shows how good our league is and how fortunate we are; to still find a way to win against good teams that are highly motivated when they play us.
"Paradise Valley was very organized and disciplined. We were neutralized and the best chance we had to score all game was when we scored (in the 104th minute). They made it really difficult on us."
- The Aztecs managed three shots on goal for the game. Sophomore Juan Suarez (Desert View HS) finished with seven saves.
- The Aztecs are off until next Saturday when they close out the regular season against Arizona Western College, who as of Saturday, are also undefeated on the season at 15-0 (7-0 in ACCAC). It could be the battle of the unbeaten teams if the Matadors win against Paradise Valley on Tuesday.