Posted: Oct 12, 2021
The Pima Community College men's soccer team (13-0, 7-0 in ACCAC) played its second overtime game in the last five days and came away with another intense victory.
- The No. 1 ranked Aztecs defeated Yavapai College 2-1 on Tuesday to continue their unbeaten streak.
- Sophomore Hyeonsang Jang scored the game-winner inside the box with a left-footed kick to the right side of the goal post. Fellow sophomore Francisco Manzo (Salpointe Catholic HS) dribbled on the left side of the field and dished it to Jang to set up the goal.
- The Aztecs got on the board in the first half when freshman Jacob Garcia (Walden Grove HS) scored on a shot in the 19th minute. The Aztecs maintained a 1-0 advantage at the half.
- The Roughriders tied the game in the 64th minute with a goal by Ivan Harris.
- Coach's Quote: "Yavapai was very good tonight. Playing five games in nine days is very difficult especially when you play an organized, disciplined and very well-coached team," Pima men's soccer coach David Cosgrove said. "We had to compete very hard. We showed a lot of character tonight."
- The Aztecs were outshot for the game 14-7 in on-goal attempts. Sophomore Juan Suarez (Desert View HS) finished with 13 saves.
- The Aztecs head back out on the road on Saturday when they play at Paradise Valley Community College at 2:30 p.m.