The Pima Community College men's soccer team (14-4-2) opened NJCAA Division I National Tournament play on Monday in Tyler, TX in a match that took 104 minutes to decide.
- The No. 9 seeded Aztecs fell to No. 4 Eastern Florida State College 1-0 as Levonte Johnson scored for the Titans in the 104th minute.
- Sophomore Nils Roth had to make a couple of early game saves as he made a diving stop in the 12th minute and a freekick save in the 14th. He made four stops in the first half.
- The Aztecs came out in the second half and held more possession. Sophomores Yuki Jahara, Ricky Gordillo (Maya HS) and Itsuki Ishihara all had shots on goal. Roth made a game-saving defensive stop just out of the box in the 84th minute.
- Freshman Kyoji Hata had a shot on goal in the opening minute of the first overtime but it went right at the Eastern Florida goalkeeper.
- The Aztecs were outshot by the Titans (14-1-2) 15-10 for the game. Roth finished the game with four saves.
The Aztecs still have a chance to get out of their pool but they have to beat Essex County College on Tuesday to increase the possibility. Kickoff will be at 3:00 p.m.at Pat Hartley Field in Tyler, TX.