The Pima Community College men's soccer team (11-2-1, 7-1 in ACCAC) earned its fourth straight win on Thursday as the Aztecs took control early against Scottsdale Community College (6-7, 4-4).
- The No. 8 ranked Aztecs defeated the Artichokes 5-1 earning their eighth win in the last nine games.
- Sophomore Ricky Gordillo (Maya HS) could not be contained as he had a hand in all five goals. He put the Aztecs on the board in the 3rd minute with an assist from freshman Jacob Contreras (Ironwood Ridge HS).
- Gordillo had assists in the next four goals for Pima.
- The Artichokes got on the board with a corner kick shot in the 60th minute to cut the Pima lead to 2-1. The Aztecs responded when freshman Kyoji Hata scored his second goal of the game in the 69th minute to give Pima the two-goal advantage once again.
- Sophomore Itsuki Ishihara scored two late goals in the 79th and 83rd minutes to help seal the win.
- Sophomore Nils Roth finished the game with three saves (all in the second half).
The Aztecs will play in their final road match of the regular season on Saturday against No. 15 ranked Yavapai College in Prescott. Kickoff is set for 3:00 p.m.