The Pima Community College men's soccer team (10-2-1, 6-1 in ACCAC) earned its 10th win of the season on Saturday in a closely contested match at Chandler-Gilbert Community College (8-5-2, 3-3-2).
- The No. 9 ranked Aztecs scored two goals in the final four minutes to beat the Coyotes 3-1. The Aztecs have won seven of their last eight games.
- With the game tied at 1-1, the Aztecs took the lead for good when sophomore Alec Nguyen (Sahuaro HS) scored in the 86th minute with an assist from Itsuki Ishihara. Freshman Josh Allison (Corona del Sol HS) helped seal it when he scored his goal in the 89th minute with an assist from fellow freshman Esteban Manzo (Salpointe Catholic HS).
- The Aztecs got on the scoreboard late in the first half when freshman Javier Martinez (Tucson HS) netted his goal in the 43rd minute with an assist from freshman Jacob Contreras (Ironwood Ridge HS). Pima led 1-0 at halftime.
- Chandler-Gilbert player Adrian Chavez tied the game at 1-1 in the 68th minute.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Nils Roth finished the game with two saves.
The Aztecs will return to Kino North Stadium on Thursday when they host Scottsdale Community College at 7:00 p.m. The Aztecs have three regular season games remaining.