The Pima Community College men's soccer team (18-2) closed out the regular season on Saturday with a one-sided victory over Glendale Community College (6-14).
- The No. 3 ranked Aztecs scored four goals in the first half to dominate the Gauchos in their 5-0 win. The Aztecs finished with a program-best 54 points in the regular season and their first 10-0 regular season home record at Kino.
- Sophomore Hugo Kametani scored two goals in the 17th and 37th minutes. He finished with 22 goals for the regular season. Freshman Ben Holthaus had two assists.
- Freshmen Edson Vazquez (Sunnyside HS), Javier Vega and Osvaldo Miranda (St. Augustine Catholic HS) each scored a goal for Pima.
- Sophomore goalkeeper David Silva finished the game with two saves.
- The Aztecs closed out the regular season on a 10-game winning streak and shutout victories in six of their last seven games. They had 11 shutouts total.
The Aztecs will be the No. 1 seed in next week's NJCAA Region I, Division I Tournament. They will host the winner of Tuesday's quarterfinal match between No. 4 Yavapai College/No. 5 Mesa Community College. The semifinals will be on Thursday at Kino North Stadium. Game time is TBA.