Posted: Jan 19, 2022
The Pima Community College men's basketball team (12-7, 4-6 in ACCAC) couldn't find the answers against Arizona Western College (14-3, 7-1) on Wednesday in Yuma.
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs were dropped by the Matadors 87-70.
- The Aztecs trailed 72-47 around the 12 minute mark in the second half but put together a 14-3 run to cut it to 75-61 with 7:55 left. The Matadors countered with eight straight points.
- In the first half, the Aztecs fell behind 20-9 but went on a 13-4 run to make it 24-22 but that's as close as they would get for the game. Pima trailed 37-27 at halftime.
- Freshman Traivar Jackson scored a team-high 20 points to go along with eight rebounds. Sophomore Chrishon Dixon finished with 17 points, seven assists and two steals.
- The Aztecs were swept by the Matadors this season as they lost 79-78 in overtime on Nov. 17 at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs look to bounce back on Saturday when they hit the road for the third straight game at Central Arizona College. Tipoff is set for 4:00 p.m.
PCC 37 33 70
AWC 47 40 87