The Pima Community College men's basketball team (6-4, 4-2 in ACCAC) pulled away in the second half to beat Tohono O'odham Community College (3-9, 0-6) on Wednesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs defeated the Jegos 102-84 earning their third win in the last four games.
- Up 53-49 with 17:37 left in the second half, the Aztecs went on a 23-6 run in seven minutes to take a 76-55. Pima led by as much as 24 points late in the second half.
- The Aztecs went on a 9-0 run in the first half to break a tie as they led 39-30. The Jegos closed the gap but the Aztecs never surrendered their lead as they led 51-42 at halftime.
- Sophomore Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) could not be contained as he scored 18 of his 28 points in the first half. He went 9 for 13 from the field and 4 for 7 from three-point range. He also had eight rebounds, six assists and two steals.
- Freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) shot 50 percent (8 for 16) from the field as he finished with 22 points. Sophomore Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) was also in double figures with 13 points and sophomore Nick Rosquist (The Gregory School) scored 12 points off the bench as he went 4 for 8 from the behind the arc.
The Aztecs will play a non-conference contest on Saturday against PHH Prep at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium. Tipoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
TOCC 42 42 84
PCC 51 51 102