The Pima Community College men's basketball team (4-3, 2-1 in ACCAC) established its dominance on Wednesday against Central Arizona College (3-5, 0-4).
- The Aztecs led from start to finish as they defeated the Vaqueros 86-66 at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The Aztecs opened the game on a 21-4 run as sophomore Nick Rosquist (The Gregory School) caught fire and scored 12 straight points for the Aztecs. He started the game going 4 for 4 from three-point range. The Vaqueros closed the gap to a 10-point deficit at 40-30 with under a minute left. The Aztecs led 43-32 at halftime.
- The Aztecs outscored the Vaqueros 43-34 in the second half.
- The Aztecs produced five scorers in double figures. Sophomore Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) led the way with 19 points, seven rebounds and seven assists.
- Rosquist finished with 18 points off the bench. He went 6 for 9 from three-point range. Sophomore Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) went 7 for 10 from the field and posted 17 points and six assists.
- Sophomore Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) had 12 points to go along with eight assists and six rebounds while freshman Sammy Legleu (Nogales HS) posted 12 points and eight rebounds. Sophomore Cedric Cotton (Pueblo HS) was a difference maker on defense as he grabbed 12 rebounds and also had four blocks.
The Aztecs will play at Scottsdale Community College and will be the first game on Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
CAC 32 34 66
PCC 43 43 86