The Pima Community College men's basketball team (9-3) opened play in the Aztec Classic Invitational on Friday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The No. 12 ranked Aztecs controlled the pace in the second half to beat Scale Prep Academy 99-77. The Aztecs outscored Scale Prep 58-37.
- The Aztecs led 41-40 after the first half of play and went on a 25-12 run in the first seven-plus minutes to take a 66-52 advantage.
- Sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) came off the bench and provided the second half spark as he scored 15 of his 20 points. He also had 11 rebounds and went 9 for 11 from the floor.
- Freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) finished with 20 points on 8 for 12 shooting and seven rebounds. Sophomore Kennedy Koehler posted 17 points and eight rebounds.
- Sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) also posted a double-double of 14 points and 10 rebounds. Freshman Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) contributed with 11 points off the bench.
The Aztecs will play Macomb Community College on Saturday at 4:00 p.m.
SPA 40 37 77
PCC 41 58 99