The Pima Community College men's basketball team (6-3, 3-2 in ACCAC) picked up a huge win at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Saturday in ACCAC Division II action.
- The No. 16 ranked Aztecs defeated No. 13 Scottsdale Community College 104-87 as they took control late in the first half.
- The Aztecs came out of a timeout ahead 30-26 with 8:22 left in the half. They outscored the Artichokes 27-13 from that point on to take a 57-39 lead into the break. The Aztecs never relinquished their double digit lead in the second half and Scottsdale never led in the game.
- The Aztecs produced five scorers in double figures. Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) led the way with a game-high 27 points on 11 for 18 shooting. He also had eight rebounds and seven assists.
- Sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) scored 24 points on 9 for 14 shooting and went 3 for 6 from the three-point line. Fellow sophomore Kennedy Koehler finished with another double-double of 23 points and 14 rebounds. He went 7 for 11 from the floor. Koehler had double-doubles in eight of the first nine games.
- Freshman Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS) came off the bench and scored 13 points on 5 for 7 shooting and 3 for 3 from three-point range. Freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) contributed with 11 points.
The Aztecs will hit the road on Wednesday when they play at Tohono O'odham Community College in Sells. Tipoff will be at 7:30 p.m.
SCC 39 48 87
PCC 57 47 104