The Pima Community College men's basketball team (4-3, 1-2 in ACCAC) dropped a close game on the road on Sunday at Arizona Western College (8-2, 3-0).
- The No. 1 ranked Aztecs (Division II) fell 96-91 to the No. 17 ranked Matadors (Division I) in Yuma.
- The Aztecs took a 45-32 lead at halftime but were outscored 64-46 in the second half.
- Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) scored a game-high 35 points along with six rebounds.
- Sophomore Kennedy Koehler finished with a double-double of 15 points and 13 rebounds. He also had five assists. Fellow sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) also had 15 points with seven rebounds.
- Freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS) contributed with 14 points, four rebounds and four assists while sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) had 12 points and five rebounds.
The Aztecs will play their fourth straight ACCAC conference game against a Division I school on Wednesday when they visit Central Arizona College. Tipoff will be at 7:30 p.m. in Coolidge.
PCC 45 46 91
CAC 32 64 96