The Pima Community College men's basketball team (3-2, 0-1 in ACCAC) opened ACCAC conference play on Tuesday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The No. 1 ranked Aztecs fell to Division I's Cochise College (6-1, 1-0) 115-96.
- Down 64-38, the Aztecs went primarily to their bench with freshman starter Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) on the floor with fellow freshmen Jordan Robinson (Tucson HS), Travis Walker (Sabino HS), Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) and Deondre Eason (Tucson HS).
- The line-up triggered a 12-0 run which turned into a 26-6 run when sophomore Kennedy Koehler went back on the floor and drained a three-pointer to cut the deficit to 70-64 with 11:36 left.
- The Apaches went on a 10-0 run to take back the double digit lead and the Aztecs struggled to respond.
- Koehler finished with a double-double of 29 points and 12 rebounds. The bench scored 40 points and were led by Lieppert, who had 19 points on 6 for 7 shooting.
- Gerken and sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) each scored 10 points.
The Aztecs return to the West Campus Gymnasium on Wednesday, Nov. 28 when they host Eastern Arizona College at 7:30 p.m.