The Pima Community College men's basketball team (1-0) opened the 2018-19 season on Friday at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium.
- The No. 1 ranked Aztecs had eight players score in double figures as they throttled Arizona Christian University Developmental team 120-76.
- The Aztecs were led by freshman Rashad Smith (Hamilton HS), who had 19 points on 8 for 11 shooting. Sophomore Kennedy Koehler had a double-double of 11 points and 12 rebounds.
- Sophomore Davonte Eason (Tucson HS) went 7 for 8 from the field with 16 points. Sophomore Abram Carrasco (Cholla HS) had 14 points, six rebounds and seven assists while freshman Jake Lieppert (Saguaro HS) posted 14 points and was 3 for 5 from three-point range.
- Freshman Deondre Eason (Tucson HS) scored 13 points while freshman Cole Gerken (Ironwood Ridge HS) had 12 points and six assists. Sophomore Robert Wilson (Salpointe Catholic HS) fell short of a double-double as he finished with 10 points and nine rebounds.
- The Aztecs out-rebounded Arizona Christian 63-34 for the game. They also had 29 assists.
The Aztecs return to the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium on Thursday when they host Grand Canyon University Club. Tipoff will be at 8:00 p.m.