The Pima Community College football team (5-1) was in a hard fought battle on Saturday as it stepped away from WSFL play to host the Air Force Preparatory Academy.
- The No. 18 ranked Aztecs scored 21 points in the second quarter and were able to hang on to beat the Huskies (1-4) 21-13 at Cholla High School.
- In the closing moments of the game, the Huskies took possession with 5:50 left and drove down field. On the Pima 25-yardline, the Huskies had a miscommunication which led to a fumble and a second recovery by freshman Moris Lugo with 2:15 left. He got his first fumble recovery in the early moments of the fourth quarter.
- On Pima's ensuing possession, freshman quarterback Brooks Ringer connected on a third-down pass to sophomore Ronson Young for 23 yards at the 1:16 mark. The Aztecs were able to run out the clock from there.
- Ringer had a hand in each of Pima's scores. He scored on a 1-yard touchdown run on the first play of the second quarter. He scored his second rushing score when he ran it in from 23 yards to put the Aztecs up 14-0 with 10:29 left in the half.
- The Aztecs drove 76 yards in 1:31 as Ringer found sophomore Dylan Holt for the 17-yard touchdown reception with 22.2 seconds left. The Aztecs led 21-3 at halftime.
- The Huskies outscored the Aztecs 10-0 in the third quarter.
The Aztecs will host their final home game next Saturday when they play Eastern Arizona College at Kino North Stadium. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.