The Pima Community College football team (4-1, 3-0 in WSFL) had a rough start in its game on Saturday but woke up to beat Glendale Community College (1-6, 0-3) for the second time this season.
- The No. 20 ranked Aztecs scored 28 unanswered points in their 28-10 win over the Gauchos at Kino North Stadium.
- Down 3-0, the Aztecs got on the board with 6:40 left in the second quarter after freshman Jalen Olamua-Tuivaiave scored on a 1-yard run. The Aztecs punted on their first five possessions.
- Sophomore Jon Cole scored a reception touchdown for the third straight game after he caught an 18-yard pass from Brooks Ringer for the score to put the Aztecs up 14-3. Cole has five touchdown catches in the last three games.
- The big play on special teams came with 5:44 left in the third quarter when sophomore Christian Maddox blocked a Glendale field goal attempt and sophomore Derik Hall (Sahuaro HS) returned it 65 yards for the score. The Aztecs scored on their next possession when Ringer connected with sophomore Larry Rembert for 51 yards to make it 28-3.
- The Aztecs came away with four picks as Hall, Latrevian Thomas, Tommy Lawrence (Mountain View HS) and Garius Thompson each had an interception.
- This was Pima's second win over Glendale this season. The Aztecs defeated the Gauchos 30-13 on Sept. 15 in Glendale.
The Aztecs will hit the road next Saturday when they play at Mesa Community College. Kickoff will be at 7:00 p.m.