The Pima Community College baseball team (19-9) played a single game on Sunday against No. 6 ranked in Division II Western Oklahoma State College (19-5) at the West Campus Aztec Baseball Field.
- The Aztecs earned the sweep after sophomore Richard Ware hit a walk-off RBI single in the 10th inning in their 6-5 win. Freshman Cole Cummings hit a leadoff triple to set up Ware's at-bat.
- Sophomore Rafael Padilla (Nogales HS) tied the game at 5-5 in the 9th inning when he hit a two-run RBI double to score Ware and sophomore Phillip Sikes. Ware drew a leadoff walk and Sikes was hit by a pitch to set up Padilla's hit.
- The Aztecs left six runners on base in the first five innings. Down 5-1 in the 8th inning, sophomore Javier Nava cut into the deficit with a two-run RBI single to score sophomores Enrique Porchas (Kofa HS) and Garett Lake.
- Ware finished the game 2 for 5 with an RBI, a run scored and a walk. Padilla went 1 for 5 with two RBIs while Nava was 1 for 2 with two RBIs. Cummings went 2 for 6 with a run scored and Lake finished 3 for 4 with a run scored.
- Freshman Emilio Lovato picked up the win (1-0) in a relief appearance, He set down the Pioneers in order in the final two innings with one strikeout. Freshman Angel Castillo (Sunnyside HS) made the start and pitched six innings giving up three runs (two earned) on four hits with four strikeouts and one walk.
WOSC 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 5 8 3
PCC 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 1 6 14 4
The Aztecs will get back to ACCAC conference play on Tuesday when they host GateWay Community College at the West Campus Aztec Gymnasium. First pitch will be at noon.