The Pima Community College Sports Injury Management staff consists of three full-time athletic trainers who are committed to the well-being and safety of all student-athletes. Potential student-athletes must fill out the Sports Physical Waivers & Consent form and turn it in to the Athletic Trainers on the West Campus in FSS 115.
Support the Sports Injury Management department and their Student Internship program by clicking the link to donate to the 2017 Pima Community College Athletic Training Challenge
The Sports Injury Management staff invites those interested in a career in Athletic Training to be part of their student internship program. Students who qualify include:
- Being enrolled as a full time student (12 units)
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter (Please include your email address and a phone number).
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- CPR/FA/AED certification
- Copy of your high school transcripts
- On campus interview with the Sports Injury Managament staff
- Applicants will be evaluated on the quality of their athletic training experience, academic performance, professional attitude, and a desire to pursue athletic training as a career
*Selected applicants will assist the Sports Injury Management staff in providing athletic training services to our 16 intercollegiate athletic teams. Students will gain clinical experience, instruction and guidance in preparation for transferring to an undergraduate athletic training education program. Selected interns will be expected to fulfill requirements including weekly hours and professional development activities.
For more information on the Athletic Training profession, see these organizational links: